Saturday, June 29, 2013

Nuclear Bombs


When reading chapter 22 The Rise and Fall of World Communism, I came across a section that talks about how the United States found out that the Soviets gave nuclear missiles to Cuba in hopes that Cuba would start a nuclear war. Luckily though Cuba and the United States came to an agreement before any war could happen. This must have been really scary for people living in the United States at the time knowing that at any moment that missile could have gone off. I know that I have talked to many older people who have told me that they would have bomb drills at school or was taught what to do or where to go in case of a bombing. I remember when I was younger hearing something about how Russia is supposed to have some missiles aimed at the United States. I am not sure if Russia still has those missiles aimed toward us, but every once in a while I think what will happen if they do still have them pointed at us and they set the missiles off. It is scary to think that parts of the US could be wiped out or maybe even the whole US. The only difference now is that we are not taught what to do or where we should go in case of a bombing, which would be helpful especially with more terrorist attacks happening on our home land. We all know that the Middle East has nuclear bombs and with the right people and equipment we could get bombed. Nuclear bombs is a scary thought, but what to do in that case is something to ponder about.

No comments:

Post a Comment